- Department of Psychiatry (Office)
- 1977 Butler Blvd. 4th floor Mail Stop: BCM350 Houston, Texas 77030 United States (713) 798-4857
- Assistant Professor
- Psychiatry & Behav Sciences
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston, TX, US
- PhD from University of Houston
- Postdoctoral Fellowship at Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
- Mental Illness Research and Treatment
- MSW from Loyola University Chicago
- BS from Loyola University Chicago
- Social work
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Anxiety disorders
- Mental health stigma
- Access to mental health care
Elizabeth McIngvale, Ph.D., is a nationally known expert in ERP, mental health advocate and renowned speaker. Dr. McIngvale engages in clinical OCD practice and research at the BCM OCD program. Elizabeth runs a non-profit for OCD (peaceofmind.com) and serves on many boards including the International OCD Foundation’s board of directors where she served as the first-ever national spokesperson for OCD.
- McIngvale, E., Rufino, K., Katz, J., Hart, J.. "Value of a One-item OCD Severity Perception Screener." Journal of technology in Behavioral Science. 2017:DOI: 10.1007/s41347-017-0017-3.
- E. McIngvale, K. Rufino, M. Ehlers, & J. Hart. "An In Depth Look at the Scrupulosity Dimension of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder." Journal of Spirituality in Mental Health. 2017:DOI:10.1080/19349637.2017.1288075.
- Stanley, M.A., McIngvale, E., Barrera, T., Amspoker, A.B., Lindsay, J., Kauth, M.R., Smith, T.L., Van Kirk, N., & Teng, E.. "VHA providers' knowledge and perceptions about the diagnosis and treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder." Journal of Obsessive Compulsive and Related Disorders. 2017:DOI: 10.1016/j.jocrd.2016.12.004.
- International OCD Foundation
- The Peace of Mind Foundation
- The OCD Challenge
- The Menninger Clinic
- Mental Health America of Greater Houston