Prepare for a Career in Translational Research
Baylor graduate students in their first or second year who are interested in a career focused on translating biomedical discoveries into molecular medicine advances to benefit human health are invited to apply for the Clinical Translational Research Certificate of Added Qualification (CTR-CAQ) program.
Short-Term, Interest Free Emergency Loans
BCM Graduate students may apply for short-term, interest free emergency loans funded by the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. The maximum amount of the loans are $500. Loan applications are made through Shelfa Williams in the Graduate School (N204).
Other loans are also available for BCM graduate students. Contact Student Account Services for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or (713) 798-4322
Dean's Award of Excellence
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences offers the one-time, $3,000 Dean’s Award of Excellence to graduate school students, postdoctoral fellows and postdoctoral associates who receive an eligible fellowship award. Requirements are as follows:
- Fellowship must be obtained from a federal or state agency and/or private foundation via a nationally competitive application process
- Fellowship must provide at least two-thirds (2/3’s) of the student’s or postdoc’s stipend
- Applicants for the Dean’s Award must be a current GSBS graduate student, or postdoctoral fellow or associate with an active postdoctoral appointment via the Office or Postdoctoral Affairs to be eligible to apply
- Applicants must have at least 12 months remaining in their current training position
- Award applications must be submitted within 90 days of the award start date
- Recipients of institutional training grant support (e.g. T32, R25, K12) are not eligible
Requests for applications for the Dean’s Award of Excellence can be obtained from GSBS-Help (GSBS-Help@bcm.edu), and should be submitted after fellowship payments to the trainee have been initiated.