The Baylor College of Medicine Postdoctoral Association fosters and supports the postdoctoral community with the following areas:
- Represents and supports postdoc’s interests at Baylor College of Medicine, with the Postdoctoral Association Leadership Council acting as a liaison between BCM and the greater postdoctoral community.
- Facilitates the professional enrichment and development of Postdocs in collaboration with the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs and Career Development Center.
- Enhances the experiences of Postdocs at Baylor College of Medicine by creating a sense of belonging in the wider postdoctoral community by providing social events, networking opportunities, and promoting inclusion and diversity.
The Postdoctoral Association, which is comprised of and led by postdoctoral fellows, develops a sense of community by fostering social and professional interactions between postdoctoral fellows, serves as a medium to address issues relevant to postdocs, and facilitates dialogue between the postdocs and the administration. The PDA reinforces BCM's academic mission through networking events and seminars that are directed to engage postdocs in their career and professional development.
About the Postdoctoral Association
The Baylor College of Medicine PDA was formed in the summer of 1997 by a gathering of postdoctoral fellows who felt there was no forum available at the College to address issues specific to postdoctoral trainees. Baylor College of Medicine Postdoctoral Association represents approximately 600 postdoctoral scientists at Baylor College of Medicine.
The PDA serves as a resource where postdocs can:
- Receive accurate information and address issues
- Discuss and advocate for their needs
- Gain a sense of community
- Gain leadership and other transferrable skills
- Use this forum for a productive dialogue among postdoctoral fellows, the administration, and the faculty
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
View our Postdoctoral Association Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement.
- All postdoctoral scholars at Baylor College of Medicine are considered members of the PDA and there is no fee to belong to this organization.
- The Baylor College of Medicine PDA invites you to become part of the association's different committees and take an active role in addressing the various issues that concern the postdoctoral community.
- Membership of the PDA Executive Committee is voluntary and free.
View information and a list of the Postdoctoral Association Leadership Council members.
Attend our bi-monthly meetings!
Contact the PDA Executive Committee members for information about the association, questions, or concerns.
Meetings and Events
- Join us for our upcoming PDA sponsored social events and meetings.
- View a listing of our past events.
- Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
- Career Development Center
- Ombud’s Office
- Title IX and Gender Discrimination
- PDA Facebook page
- PDA LinkedIn page
BCM Intranet Links (BCM Login Required)