Graduate Student Council
Baylor College of Medicine Graduate Student Council is composed of a student representative from each graduate school department, one M.D./Ph.D., who is currently in graduate school, a president and vice president. Each representative is elected by their own program, and their term is renewed at the beginning of the calendar year.
Our mission is to represent the interests of our fellow students to the administration and other student bodies. Further, we are committed to organizing events which engage students with each other’s research and facilitate student involvement in the Texas Medical Center community.
GSC is the medium between the students and the graduate school administration. We help with orientation, social activities, charity events including the annual Art Show, volunteering, and the members also serve on other Baylor and TMC committees. We are the students' voice.
Activities and Opportunities
The Graduate School Council is involved with the following activities and opportunities:
Useful Links for Grad Students
The following links are valuable for graduate students. Find additional articles and career presentations on the Postdoctoral Association resources page.
- Ten Simple Rules for Graduate Students
- Ten Simple Rules for Getting Published
- Ten Simple Rules for Getting Grants
- Ten Simple Rules for Selecting a Postdoctoral Position
- Ten Simple Rules for a Successful Collaboration
- Ten Simple Rules for Making Good Oral Presentations
- Ten Simple Rules for a Good Poster Presentation
- How to Succeed in Science: A Concise Guide for Young Biomedical Scientists (Part 1: Taking the Plunge)
- How to Succeed in Science: A Concise Guide for Young Biomedical Scientists (Part 2: Making Discoveries)
- Funding Opportunities for Predoctoral Fellows
Search VICCTR to find Baylor College of Medicine faculty whose research interests match your own.
The Advanced Technology Laboratories at Baylor College of Medicine provide technologies and training to support researchers at the College.