Baylor College of Medicine websites are intended to provide general educational information about services offered by Baylor and to help users arrange more easily for those services. Information on Baylor websites is written by faculty and staff affiliated with the College, while other information may be from sources outside of Baylor.
You assume full responsibility for using the information on Baylor College of Medicine websites and understand and agree that Baylor is not responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage resulting from its use by you or any user. While we try to keep the information on this site as accurate as possible, we disclaim any warranty, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Baylor also does not warrant that access to the site will be error free or virus free.
Copyright law protects material on Baylor College of Medicine's websites. Reprinting or otherwise reproducing any document in whole or in part is prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from the copyright owner.
The privacy of our customers is important to Baylor College of Medicine. We understand that visitors to sites within the Baylor domain, bcm.edu and connect.bcm.edu, need to be in control of their personal information.
- Your personal information is not required to visit our site. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still visit the bcm.edu or connect.bcm.edu pages.
- Access to some areas of our site may require appropriate authorization. In that case, your unique user ID and password is required.
- Access to some areas of our site may require some of your personal information. In that case, this personal information will only be collected if specifically and voluntarily provided and authorized by you.
- Baylor College of Medicine may collect personally identifiable information only if specifically and voluntarily provided and authorized by you.
- Baylor College of Medicine may use third-party services or programs to collect or maintain any voluntary personal information you may choose to provide us.
- Personally identifying information collected will be used only in connection with bcm.edu or for such purposes as are described at the point of collection.
- Some information collected is for statistical purposes only. Baylor College of Medicine performs analyses of user behavior in order to measure customer interest in the various areas of our sites.
- Baylor College of Medicine will make every reasonable effort to protect the personal information that you share with us as outlined in our Internet Security Policy.
- You do not need to have cookies enabled to visit bcm.edu or connect.bcm.edu.
If you are a healthcare consumer who chooses to use the health-related information on Baylor websites, you should not rely on that information as professional medical advice or use it to replace any relationship with your physician or other qualified healthcare professional. Baylor websites are not an attempt to practice medicine or provide specific medical advice and do not establish a doctor-patient relationship. Health-related information on Baylor websites should not be used to make a diagnosis or to replace or overrule the advice of a qualified healthcare provider.
Users of Baylor websites should not rely on the information contained in any Baylor website for emergency medical treatment. Users should consult with a qualified healthcare professional for answers to specific health related questions.
Some Baylor College of Medicine websites may allow you to enter your personal health information. Any personal health information you submit electronically to Baylor College of Medicine websites is done so voluntarily. Baylor College of Medicine will not use or disclose your personal health information without your written consent or authorization, in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.