About the Program
The Genetic Counseling Program offered at Baylor College of Medicine provides an integrated medical genetics graduate education. Students benefit from the School of Health Professions and Baylor College of Medicine environment, which places emphasis on the values of respect, integrity, innovation, teamwork, and excellence.
There are many schools that can train you to be a genetic counselor. Why should you select Baylor?
The program has been even more rewarding than I expected. With so many clinical sites in the Texas Medical Center we have the opportunity to take what we learn in the classroom right into the clinic, where we serve a diverse patient population.
Mission and Vision
The Baylor College of Medicine Genetic Counseling Program provides students a transformative education in genomic medicine and the practice of genetic counseling. The outstanding clinical, laboratory, and research faculty will empower graduates to be empathic professionals with effective critical thinking skills.
As leaders of genomic medicine integration, our graduates will serve as indispensable navigators of genetic service delivery.
- Be equipped with the tools to meet the ever-changing demands of genomic medicine.
- Be familiar with the latest developments in genomic medicine and prepared to critically evaluate and implement these developments in their own practice.
- Be empowered to engage with, and advocate for, the diverse communities they serve.
- Be committed to addressing disparities as they arise in the profession and among our various community partners.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the profession.
- Develop the skills necessary to further research in genetic counseling and genomic medicine.
- Be committed to creating a welcoming atmosphere to all learners, clients, advocates, and community partners.
The Genetic Counseling program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling (ACGC), Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling, Inc, 7918 Jones Branch Drive, Ste 300, McLean, VA 22102. Telephone: (703) 506 - 7667. Visit the College's accreditation page for information about other accrediting agencies that review Baylor College of Medicine's educational programs.