Baylor College of Medicine has made it a top priority to reward employees for their hard work and dedication. As part of this commitment, Baylor offers an integrated, competitive and comprehensive benefits package designed to recognize the needs of a diverse workforce, while providing meaningful choices to meet individual and family needs.
Baylor is invested in employee health and well-being. We received the 2016 Healthiest Employer Award by the Healthiest 100 in America and are recognized as Houston’s 2015 Healthiest Employer by the Houston Business Journal. We’ve also earned the 2016 Apex Award for Wellness and the HRO Today Employee Services and Wellness Excellence Award.
Baylor employees and their eligible dependents, which includes spouse/domestic partner and eligible child(ren) through age 25, enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off including vacation, holiday and sick pay
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Assistance
- Backup care for children and dependents
- Retirement Savings Programs (8 percent contribution)
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Account
Baylor also offers a variety of employee discounts on products, services, wellness programs, local entertainment and sporting events.
Review Benefits with ALEX
ALEX is an interactive tool that acts as an informative, virtual benefits counselor to help you learn more about our comprehensive benefits in a personalized way. The benefits of using ALEX include:
- ALEX speaks in plain English – no insurance jargon
- The experience is highly interactive and engaging
- ALEX personalizes and customizes each session
- It feels like you’re having a real conversation with a benefits expert
- ALEX can be accessed anytime, anywhere there’s an internet connection
- It’s totally anonymous! You are not enrolling in benefits - just discovering all of the options
We are proud of our benefits and are so excited for you to learn more about them through ALEX. Now let’s meet ALEX.
Benefits Overview and Cost Information
The following documents provide overview and cost information for the benefits offered to Baylor College of Medicine employees.