About the Core
The Integrated Microscopy Core is an institutional core facility supported by the Advanced Technology Cores at Baylor College of Medicine, the NCI Comprehensive Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, the TMC Digestive Disease Center and Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas.
The core is designed to provide high-quality microscopy and analytics services through availability of state-of-the-art imaging instrumentation, image analysis, one-on-one training by expert staff, plus free consultation for experimental setup, data acquisition and analysis.
The IMC covers most of the investigators’ needs in the areas of light microscopy with particular emphasis on high throughput/high content phenotypic screening (assay development/validation), live imaging, multi-dimensional spatial analysis in tissue and cell culture samples, and 3D culture models imaging.
Equipment and Services
- Equipment available
- Free consultation in experimental design and data interpretation (by appointment only)
- Tech assist in experiment setup, execution and imaging (limited)
- Assisted Use on all instruments
- Laminar flow hood and CO2 incubator for limited-time cell maintenance and live experiments (virus or bacteria require proper approval)
- High Throughput Microscopy experiments
- Image Analysis