The Ombuds Office provides BCM community members expert level assistance in communication, mediation, and conflict resolution to manage workplace concerns in conformance with industry standards. Learn more:
The ombuds functions as a designated neutral and makes recommendations that are intended to be equitable and fair to all involved. Depending on the nature of your concern, your needs and your requests the ombuds might:
- Help you clarify and resolve conflict
- Help you explore options
- Help you develop and evaluate options and courses of action, and assist you in being more informed about how to pursue various options
- Help you identify dispute resolution options and strategies
- Look into a problem informally
- Provide ‘shuttle diplomacy,’ i.e. individually talking with you and others involved, and going back and forth between those involved until some agreement is reached or a course of action is chosen
- Mediate disputes and bring together those involved in a way that empowers them to reach a resolution
- Recommend systems change(s) where appropriate
- Coach you on how an issue or concern might be thought about or presented more effectively
- Help you access other College services and resources
Scope of Services
If you have an emergency, it is important to know that there are resources to help you.
Dial 911 if you are on the Baylor College of Medicine campus.
Dial 911 or call Emergency Medical Services if you are not on the Baylor campus.