You can rest assured when you seek care at Baylor Medicine’s Spine Center, you have access to the most advanced, evidence-based surgical and non-surgical treatments available. We not only oﬀer our patients the latest in treatment options, but we also continue to advance spine care by developing new, advanced spine treatments and techniques.
Our program brings together the skills and knowledge of renowned spine experts from multiple medical disciplines. This collaborative approach is reﬂected in the truly personalized care plans we are able to provide to our patients - so they can achieve optimal results.
Non-Surgical and Interventional Treatment Options
To treat pain, a conservative approach including spine injections, nerve blocks and other minimally invasive procedures may be utilized. Other non-surgical treatments such as physical therapy, injections and medications may be prescribed. For some, back and neck pain can be healed at home, using straightforward treatments and making adjustments to patient behavior and biomechanics.
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Facet and Joint Injections
- Nerve Blocks and Medial Branch Blocks
- Radiofrequency Ablations
- Neuromodulations, including Spinal Cord Stimulators
- Infusion/Intrathecal Pumps
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Behavioral Medicine Techniques and Pain Psychology
- Activity Modiﬁcation and Exercise
Surgical Treatment Options
We take pride in carefully evaluating our patients and helping them determine whether surgery is their best option. Should you need treatment beyond physical therapy, injections, and other conservative approaches, our team of fellowship-trained spine neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons will establish a surgical treatment plan tailored to you.
Baylor Medicine’s spine surgeons use the latest in technological and surgical advancements to perform image-guided spinal procedures and utilize minimally-invasive techniques when possible. Surgical procedures our spine experts are adept at performing include:
- Artiﬁcial Disc Replacement Surgery
- Complex Spine Surgery
- Deformity Correction Surgery
- Minimally-invasive Spine Surgery and Microsurgery
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (Cyberknife)
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Spine Tumor Surgery
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty