- Stout honored by eye institute
Dr. Timothy Stout, chair and professor of ophthalmology, was honored as the 2018 Distinguished Alumnus at the Doheny Eye Institute Society of Scholars annual alumni dinner on Jan. 6 in Los Angeles in recognition of his contributions to research, education and patient care. The dinner was part of the Doheny Society of Scholars and UCLA Ophthalmology Clinical Challenges Conference.
- Knights Templar Eye Foundation gives $2M for endowed chairJan 5, 2018
- The Knights Templar Eye Foundation gifts Baylor College of Medicine $2 million to create the Knights Templar Eye Foundation Presidential Chair in Ophthalmology.
- Expert offers tips on protecting your eyes from fireworksDec 27, 2017
- Dr. Sumitra Khandelwal offers tips on how to protect your eyes from injury while using fireworks.
- Think twice before buying Halloween contactsOct 3, 2017
- Dr. Christina Weng warns of danger from using novelty contacts for Halloween costumes and discusses the damage they can do to the eye.
- Contact lens care after swimming in floodwaters Sep 7, 2017
- Dr. Stephen Pflugfelder has advice for contact lens wearers on how to properly care for their eyes after being exposed to floodwaters brought in by Hurricane Harvey.
- Experience the solar eclipse with proper eye protectionAug 9, 2017
- Dr. Christina Weng says when viewing the solar eclipse, it is important to wear proper eye protection to prevent damage to the eye, especially the retina.
- Signs your child may need glasses Jul 27, 2017
- Dr. Christina Weng says noticing signs of vision loss is especially significant in young children.
- Preventing eye fatigue on long road trips Jul 12, 2017
- Dr. Zaina Al-Mohtaseb gives insight on ways to prevent eye fatigue and get safely through road trips.
- Sunglasses with UVAB protection key to eye careMay 24, 2017
- Dr. Sumitra Khandelwal says wearing sunglasses is the best way to protect the eyes from strong UV rays, and the bigger, the better.
- Grant will support new therapy for inflammatory eye diseaseMar 16, 2017
- Dr. Robert Britton, professor of molecular virology and microbiology at Baylor College of Medicine, was awarded the Stein Innovation Award from the Research to Prevent Blindness organization.
- Mutations in CWC27 result in spectrum of conditionsMar 9, 2017
- Researchers has discovered that mutations in the human gene CWC27 result in a spectrum of clinical conditions that include retinal degeneration and problems with craniofacial and skeletal development.