!

COVID-19 Response 

Access our COVID-19 Response homepage, with more information and resources during the COVID-19 pandemic, including what to do if you’re experiencing symptoms.

Department of Ophthalmology

Alumni

Master
Content

On average, 80 percent of our graduating residents enter a subspecialty fellowship upon graduation and the remaining 20 percent immediately begin practicing ophthalmology. Overall, 20 percent of our graduates pursue a career in academic medicine, while 80 percent pursue private practice.

Class of 2020

Patrick Kaszubski, M.D.
Glaucoma and Anterior Segment Surgery Fellowship – University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario

Eric Kim, M.D.
Pediatric Ophthalmology Fellowship – Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Md.

Kristin Minkowski, M.D.
Glaucoma Fellowship – Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Palm Beach, Fla.

Ahmar Sajjad, M.D.
Cornea Fellowship – University of Illinois, Chicago, Ill.

Jeffrey Tran, M.D.
Private Practice – Marietta Eye Clinic, Marietta, Ga.

Katherine Williams, M.D.
Orbit and Oculoplastic Surgery Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas

Class of 2019

Isha Gupta, M.D.
Glaucoma Fellowship – Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Palm Beach, Fla.

Anna Lehmann, M.D.
Private Practice – Lehmann Eye Center, Nacodoches, Texas

Meghan Saumur, M.D.
Private Practice – Wise Eye Associates, Norman, Okla

Rizwan Shaikh, M.D.
Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship – Ochsner Health System, New Orleans, La.

Angela Verkade, M.D.
Cornea Fellowship – Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, Fla.

Alex Young, M.D.
Glaucoma Fellowship – Boston University, Boston, Mass.

Class of 2018

James Berg, M.D.
Private Practice – Lehmann Eye Center, Nacodoches, Texas

Rishabh Date, M.D.
Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship – Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn.

Isi Esquenazi, M.D.
Cornea Fellowship – New York University, New York, N.Y.

Eric Hamill, M.D.
Orbit and Oculoplastic Surgery Fellowship – University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Cailf.

Caleb Morris, M.D.
Cornea Fellowship – Pepose Vision Institute, St. Louis, Mo.

Bryan Roth, M.D.
Cornea Fellowship – Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland, Ohio

Class of 2017

Matthew Adams, M.D.
Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship – Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Md.

Shazia Ali, M.D.
Pediatric Ophthalmology Fellowship – Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas

Sarah Logan, M.D.
Pediatric Ophthalmology Fellowship – University of South Carolina, Charleston, S.C.

Jennifer Murdock, M.D.
Orbit and Oculoplastic Surgery Fellowship – Oregon Health Science Center, Portland, Ore.

Walter Parker, M.D.
Cornea Fellowship – Minnesota Eye Consultants, Minneapolis, Minn.

Megan Scott, M.D.
Private Practice – Palm Valley Eye Care and Surgeons, Ponte Vedra, Fla.