The mission of the Department of Medicine is excellence, both in the creation and the dissemination of knowledge. The department's educational program is aimed at teaching the fundamental knowledge and techniques of internal medicine, and providing the clinical experience necessary for medical students and residents to be successful in any of the wide variety of medical careers.
The educational programs of the department include:
Medical Student Education
Department of Medicine grand rounds are held once a week. Presentations are made by various section residents and department faculty round the group. View the schedule.
Other Programs and Services
- Departmental Teaching Conferences
- Department of Medicine Grand Rounds Schedules
- Production of educational materials for distribution on Baylor television and Internet
- Doctor of Philosophy Program in cardiovascular sciences
- Participation in the core curriculum of the Physician's Assistant Program