- The Cardiovascular Research section is ranked #17 nationally by U.S. News and World Report for best global universities for cardiac and cardiovascular systems, ranked #20 for publications, and #15 for citations.
- The Expertscape publications rankings globally #9 LDL lipoprotein, #20 hyperlipidemias, #29 atherosclerosis, #9 ezetimibe, #16 anti-cholesterol emic agents, and #21 omega 3 fatty acids.
- The section received 17 new grants, including 7 NIH grants, with combined total funding of $10,790,273.
- The grants awarded include AHA Established Investigator Award to Dr. Na Li and ADA award to new faculty member, Dr. Layla Abushamat.
- The section received the Common Spirit Physician Enterprise Vision Award for Academic Excellence Award for precision medicine cardio-genomics Heart Care pilot program.
- Outstanding academic productivity included 207 journal articles published this year, including 73 in journals with an impact factor >10.
View a message from the Section of Cardiovascular Research Chair, Christie M. Ballantyne, M.D.
We offer educational opportunities for medical students, predoctoral and postdoctoral students, and fellows, in both clinical and basic research areas.
Our divisions conduct basic science, clinical, and translational research focusing on mechanisms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and other cardiometabolic diseases.
We offer-state-of-the-art specialized care in the Lipid Metabolism and Atherosclerosis Clinic, part of the Center for Cardiometabolic Disease Prevention.