- In partnership with the Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center, we investigate the basis of hematologic and oncologic disorders and explore these areas through translational studies.
- We are affiliated with Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center, Ben Taub Hospital, Texas Children’s Hospital-Women’s Pavilion, Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Houston Methodist Hospital.
- The section provides classroom, clinical and research training to students, residents, fellows, faculty and professionals in hematologic and oncologic disorders and their treatment.
- The section offers a Hematology and Oncology Fellowship, which includes hands-on clinical exposure at public, private and Veterans Affairs hospitals in Heme Malignancies, Solid Tumors, Breast and GU Clinics for all of our 25 fellows.
- Our section has funded 23 federal grants direct and indirect cost totaling up to $4.58M and 10 clinical trials direct and indirect cost totaling up to $2.56M.
"I love my Baylor family and feel very lucky to be a part of this wonderful institution. Everyone in the Cancer Center has a highly collegial and professional interaction with one another which makes being part of this organization incredibly fulfilling and fun.”