Dr. Daniel J. Penny, Chief of Cardiology, Texas Children’s Hospital and Professor of Pediatric Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine developed the Cardiovascular Clinical Research Core (CCRC) in 2011. The CCRC provides the resources and infrastructure needed to conduct exceptional clinical research. Our experienced research staff is specially trained to perform clinical research procedures and work with investigators. This support allows Cardiology faculty to develop and implement clinical research protocols; identify and seek intra- and extramural research funding; and participate in multi-center clinical trials. The Core encompasses 1800 square feet of space located adjacent to the Cardiology outpatient clinic, which is convenient for research participants and families as well as investigators. These facilities include:
- Outpatient exam rooms equipped with oxygen, vital sign monitors, TV and VCR/DVD players
- State-of-the-art exercise testing equipment
- Echocardiography equipment and reading stations
- Weights and measurements room with stand-up scale, infant scales, stadiometer and vital sign monitors
- Psychological testing room with a computer station for frequently used surveys and questionnaires
- Drop-in computer workstations for study teams
The Lillie Frank Abercrombie Section of Pediatric Cardiology was ranked #2 in the United States and #1 in Texas by U.S.News & World Report.