BIG’s Purpose at BCM
Baylor Improvement Group (BIG) establishes a Model to Drive Change that helps Missions/CSGs improve both their Return on Investment and Sustainability of Organizational Change. BIG facilitates effective project execution that helps the College operationalize its Strategy and cultivates a continuous improvement environment that has a positive impact on the BCM Community.
Three Major Areas for BCM’s Model to Drive Change:
1. BCM Change Components
- Portfolio Management - Making Sure It’s the RIGHT THING
- BIG facilitates the College’s Portfolio Management Function that improves Return on Investments (ROI) on projects through prioritization, management, and measurement of projects that help the College operationalize their strategy.
- Project Management – Making Sure Its DONE
- BIG provides Project Management Standards/Resources and a Project Management Office that Missions, CSGs, and Departments can use to help them accomplish their project objectives.
- Performance Improvement – Making it BETTER
- BIG provides expertise and tools to identify opportunities, enhance processes, and implement measurable operational improvements, helping BCM achieve standards and goals.
- Change Management – Making it STICK
- BIG will provide Change Management Standards/Resources and a Change Management Group that Missions and CSGs can use to help them improve adoption of their changes across BCM.
2. Embed Change Skillsets
- BIG provides standards/ resources such as Methodologies/Toolkits, Training, and Communities of Practice to help embed these skillsets at BCM.
3. Supporting Change Infrastructure
- BIG works with other groups around the College to create infrastructure that supports the Change Model.