Pedi Press: A Quarterly Publication of the Department of Pediatrics
Summer 2017: Flash - PDF
Spring 2017: Flash - PDF
Winter 2017: Flash - PDF
Fall 2016: Flash - PDF
Summer 2016: Flash - PDF
Spring 2016: Flash - PDF
Winter 2016: Flash - PDF
October 2015: Flash - PDF
July 2015: Flash - PDF
April 2015: Flash - PDF
January 2015: Flash - PDF
October 2014: Flash - PDF
July 2014: Flash - PDF
April 2014: Flash - PDF
January 2014: Flash - PDF
October 2013: Flash - PDF
July 2013: Flash - PDF
April 2013: Flash - PDF
January 2013: Flash - PDF
Pediatric News Releases
- Baylor physician-scientist named 2017 STAT Wunderkind Oct 13, 2017
- Dr. Hsiao-Tuan Chao, an instructor of pediatrics – neurology has been named a 2017 STAT Wunderkind.
- Study reveals benefit of exome sequencing for infants in ICUOct 6, 2017
- A team of physicians and researchers designed a study to determine the efficacy of exome sequencing infants in intensive care units.
- Asthma might be over diagnosed in children born with HIVOct 5, 2017
- Researchers have reassessed the clinical diagnosis of asthma in children born with HIV and found that asthma seems to be overdiagnosed in these patients.
- Teens and domestic violence Oct 4, 2017
- Ruth Buzi says teens too often experience domestic violence and offers advice on spotting the signs.
- Let kids dress to express themselves this Halloween Oct 3, 2017
- Dr. Caroline Klemt discusses what families can do if their child chooses to dress in a costume that may not traditionally be worn for their gender.
- Rally for Research Grant to fund osteosarcoma researchSep 28, 2017
- Baylor College of Medicine has received a Rally for Research Grant from the Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research to support Dr. Tsz-Kwong (Chris) Man and his research in targeting methylome in chemo-resistant osteosarcoma.
- Heparin stimulates food intake, body weight gain in miceSep 5, 2017
- New research suggests that heparin could be a potential target for drugs regulating appetite and weight control.
- Test reveals possible treatments for disorders involving MeCP2Aug 23, 2017
- A team of researchers has developed a strategy that allows them to identify potential treatments that would restore altered levels of MeCP2.
- Midland to host community conference for genetic conditionsAug 15, 2017
- Baylor College of Medicine will hold a community conference and resource fair on Saturday, Sept. 16 in the Midland area to provide a seminar and support materials for children with special needs and their families.
- Students and stomach aches: When to call the doctorAug 10, 2017
- Dr. Priya Raj looks at the warning signs of when a repeated tummy ache may be cause for larger concern.