Pedi Press: A Quarterly Publication of the Department of Pediatrics
Spring 2018: Flash - PDF
Winter 2018: Flash - PDF
Fall 2017: Flash - PDF
Summer 2017: Flash - PDF
Spring 2017: Flash - PDF
Winter 2017: Flash - PDF
Fall 2016: Flash - PDF
Summer 2016: Flash - PDF
Spring 2016: Flash - PDF
Winter 2016: Flash - PDF
October 2015: Flash - PDF
July 2015: Flash - PDF
April 2015: Flash - PDF
January 2015: Flash - PDF
October 2014: Flash - PDF
July 2014: Flash - PDF
April 2014: Flash - PDF
January 2014: Flash - PDF
October 2013: Flash - PDF
July 2013: Flash - PDF
April 2013: Flash - PDF
January 2013: Flash - PDF
Pediatric News Releases
- New high-dose radiation therapy available for pediatric liver cancer patientsOct 4, 2018
- A team of physician-scientists at Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children’s Hospital are now using a new treatment option for pediatric patients with liver tumors, called Transarterial Radioembolization (TARE).
- Dr. Hsiao-Tuan Chao awarded NIH Director's High-Risk, High-Reward grantOct 2, 2018
- Dr. Hsiao-Tuan Chao, instructor of pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine, has been awarded the NIH's High-Risk, High-Reward grant, which recognizes highly innovative research to address major challenges in biomedical research.
- Grant supports identifying leukemia, Down syndrome linkSep 18, 2018
- To better understand a predisposition for acute lymphoblastic leukemia in children with Down syndrome, a team of researchers will sequence the genomes of more than 2,000 individuals with Down syndrome.
- Breakthrough reveals mutation driving acute myeloid leukemiaSep 10, 2018
- Researchers have discovered that the growth of leukemic cells depends on mutant NPM1 gene and its abnormal transport out of the nucleus into the cytoplasm of the cell.
- $2 million grant to fund Pregnancy Resuscitation ProgramSep 6, 2018
- Dr. Peter Nielsen received a five-year, $2 million grant to develop a program to train specialists and emergency responders who treat women who experience cardiac arrest during pregnancy.
- ‘Homing system’ targets therapeutic T cells to brain cancerSep 5, 2018
- A multi-institution international team led by researchers at Baylor College of Medicine has developed a new strategy to overcome one of the main obstacles in the treatment of brain cancer – access to the tumor.
- New histiocytotic disorder insights may improve therapiesAug 30, 2018
- In a review published in New England Journal of Medicine, physician-scientists review the history of Langerhans-cell histiocytosis (LCH) and the recent developments that will help propel the treatment for patients into the realm of personalized medicine.
- Put bacterial meningitis vaccines on back-to-school checklistAug 14, 2018
- Bacterial meningitis is serious and can be life threatening, but in most cases it can be prevented with safe and effective vaccines, said an infectious disease expert at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Start school with these fresh skincare tipsAug 7, 2018
- Kim Chang offers tips on how teens can start the school year off with healthy skin, starting with a focus on damage from the summer sun.
- Teaching your child how to be empathetic Aug 6, 2018
- Although empathy can be a hard quality for parents to teach to their children, Dr. Eric Storch gives his advice on how they can do this.