The Colloquium for Educators
Formerly the Annual Educator Orientation.
The Center for Research, Innovation and Scholarship (CRIS) will hold the 13th annual Colloquium for Educators (formerly the Annual Educator Orientation) on Friday, Sept. 22, 2023.
Agenda by location
Martin I. Lorin Grand Rounds
- Time: 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Title: Learner-Centered Teaching: Where Do We Go From Here?
- Speaker: Nancy Moreno, Ph.D, M.S., B.S.; Professor and Chair, BCM Department of Education, Innovation & Technology
Morning Concurrent Sessions A
- Time: 10 – 11 a.m.
- Workshop: Mentoring with DEI as a Lens, with Esther Sampayo, M.D., M.P.H.
- Learner Panel: Resident, Fellow, APP perspectives on Learner preferences. Panel moderator Chelsea Daignault, M.D.
Morning Concurrent Sessions B
- Time: 11 – 12 p.m.
- Workshop: Integrating AI into Education and Academic Work, with Jennifer Benjamin M.D., Brian Rissmiller M.D., Moushumi Sur M.D. and Ryan Brandon Hunter M.D.
- Workshop: Best Practices for Educators in Dynamic Health Systems, with Gal Barak M.D., MEd, Matthew Carroll MD and Andrea Dean, M.D.
Afternoon Networking Event
- Time: 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Title: A Meet and Greet Event for Educators
- Description: An interactive networking opportunity to meet educators at your campus while enjoying lunch
Afternoon Concurrent Sessions
- Time: 2 – 4 p.m.
- Networking Event: Developing a Community of Practice for Clinical Teachers Led by Academy of Master Clinical Teachers
- Norton Rose Fulbright Workshop, led by Anne Gill, DrPH, MS, RN, Geeta Singhal, M.D., MEd, Moushumi Sur, M.D., Julieana Nichols, M.D., MPH. Offered exclusively as a virtual session