Get involved and make a difference in the fight against congenital cytomegalovirus. The following resources promote Congenital CMV disease awareness and fund-raising opportunities.
For a list of journal articles supportive of our research, check out our Publications page. For more insightful resources, check a more updated schedule of upcoming events.
CMV on Social Media
- Connecticut Department of Public Health- Congenital Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Page
- Redbook online- Cytomegalovirus Infection
- Romper- What Is CMV? Pregnant Women Should Really Know About This Virus
- Fairfield County Moms Blog-CMV & Pregnancy: The Silent Virus
- Cosmopolitan- 14 Things You Need to Know About the Virus That Causes More Birth Defects in the U.S. Than Zika
- Redbook magazine-Deadly Viruses: Do you know how to protect your family?
- Quartz Magazine - The CMV virus causes microcephaly in babies, and it’s much more widespread than Zika
- The Animal Planet Channel - "Can a Baby Survive with half a brain?"
- Houston Chronicle- Awareness of little-known virus is goal of 'Maddie's Mission'
- Texas Legislature Online - SB 791 Committee Hearing (1:54:10)
- Facebook - Wear purple and pray for Lillian Grace
- Fox News Health - Lillian Grace's story: The case for removing half of a baby's brain
- CDC - CMV and Congenital CMV Infection
- Texas Children's Hospital
- CMV: Every Pregnant Woman Should Know About This Virus - Pediatric Health Blog, Texas Children's Hospital
- Medline Plus - CMV
- TCH Blog - How Texas Children’s Saved Our Daughter By Removing Half Her Brain
- VBI Vaccines Inc- Houston Congenital CMV Study Spans 32 Years
Books About Congenital CMV
Purchase of this special edition book benefits our CMV Registry and Research Program.
The book promotes CMV awareness and prevention while teaching children how to set the table. Visit the Congenital CMV website.
Non-profit organization provides information to the general public about cytomegalovirus. (Spain)
Organization provides information to the general public about cytomegalovirus. (Japan)
Non-profit organization provides information and resources on CMV. (France)
Non-profit organization dedicated to raise public awareness and campaign for better preventable measures. View the calendar of events and newsletter available to the public. (United Kingdom)
Non-profit organization dedicated to funding relevant and innovative research with a primary focus on vaccine advancements; supporting and advocating for the CMV community; and-raising community awareness of CMV. (Canada)
Non-profit organization offers information, resources and support to the general public about CMV. (Australia)
Non-profit organization provides information to the general public about preventable measures against congenital CMV. (United States)
Non-profit organization promotes CMV prevention, education and events throughout the year. (United States)
Read the blog "Back to the basics with CMV expert, Dr. Gail Demmler-Harrison" on the National CMV Foundation page.
Organization provides information to the general public about cytomegalovirus.