About the Thyroid & Parathyroid Center
The Thyroid & Parathyroid Center at Baylor Medicine is a world-class medical facility in Houston, TX, where patients can be seen simultaneously by a surgeon and endocrinologist for treatment of both benign and malignant tumors of the thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, and endocrine pancreas. World-renowned endocrinologists work closely with a multidisciplinary team including specialists in surgery, radiology, pathology, nuclear medicine, ENT and oncology to provide you a personal treatment plan, all under one roof. These doctors work together for one, cohesive treatment plan.
From routine medical endocrinology to complex cancer care, to surgery of the Thyroid, Parathyroid, Adrenal and Endocrine Pancreas, the Thyroid & Parathyroid Center offers the highest quality patient care with excellent outcomes. The center is located at the Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center at McNair Campus. For total care and convenience make your appointment today!
Why Choose Us?
- Faster time to diagnosis
- Patients with a thyroid nodule can get a thorough evaluation with ultrasound, fine needle aspiration (in-office procedure) biopsy with same day pathological evaluation, and surgery scheduled all in one day
- If needed, faster time to operating room
- Highest-quality care from a team of experts that specialize in innovative and breakthrough treatments and procedures
- We are one of only four centers in the entire country that offers scarless transoral surgery for thyroid removal
- Fewer patient visits
- Integrated visits with the endocrinologist and endocrine surgeon
- When appropriate, we closely collaborate with cardiologists, pulmonologists, and neurologists
Conditions Treated at the Thyroid & Parathyroid Center
- Benign thyroid nodules
- Indeterminate thyroid nodules
- Thyroid Cancer
- Symptomatic Goiter
- Graves’ Disease
- Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
- Parathyroid Carcinoma
- Adrenal incidentalomas
- Adrenal Cortical Carcinomas
- Adrenal Cushing’s
- Thyroid disease during pregnancy
- Cushing's syndrome
- Carcinoid syndrome
- Islet cell neoplasm
- MEN (multiple endocrine neoplasia)
For Out of Town Patients
We understand all of our patient’s time is important and that’s why we offer a fast time to diagnosis and treatment plan. For patients traveling from out of town, we want you to return to the comfort of your home as quickly as possible and spend minimal time on the road traveling or in a hotel room.
Out of town patients in Texas have the option for a telehealth informational session to assess your current medical situation and we will also collect your imaging and lab results remotely. Once you’re booked for your appointment in Houston, our team will coordinate your care so that you can have your procedure the same week and be discharged and traveling back home before the week is over. We are proud to provide care to patients all across the country and the world. Please contact our office for more information.
For international patients, all efforts are coordinated by the International Services Office at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center. Learn more information here.