The Anesthesiology Research Laboratory conducts basic and clinically relevant research, mentors clinician scientists, supports collaborative research opportunities, and provides research training for residents, fellows, and graduate students. The Laboratory consults in all aspects of departmental research.
The Anesthesiology Research Laboratory has ongoing projects which focus on:
- Cardiovascular effects of obstructive sleep apnea
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Temperature regulation
- Regulation of peripheral blood flow
The Cerebrovascular Research Laboratory, a component of the Anesthesiology Research laboratory, has ongoing projects which focus on:
- Pathophysiology of the cerebral circulation in stroke, obstructive sleep apnea, and vascular cognitive impairment
- Novel methods of neuroprotection
- Communication between the endothelium and vascular smooth muscle
- Potassium channels in cerebral blood vessels
The Anesthesiology Research Laboratory is funded by grant from the National Institutes of Health, the American Heart Association, and the Veterans Administration.