Over the two years of their fellowship, fellows have the opportunity to pursue the following areas:
The UT Masters of Public Health with Global Health Concentration.
- Diploma in Tropical Medicine through the Baylor National School of Tropical Medicine.
- A dedicated Humanitarian Emergency/Disaster Certification course, such as the ICRC Health Emergencies in Large Populations (HELP) course.
- Fellowship curriculum designed to provide a broad overview of program development, curriculum design and training, humanitarian response and disaster management, and research tailored to the fellow's specific interests and goals.
The international portfolio currently includes programs in Belize and Liberia with additional opportunities available in southeast Asia and subsaharan Africa.
Active projects include the following:
- Point of Care Ultrasound training for emergency providers
- Nationwide WHO Basic Emergency Care Rollout via Train-the-Trainer regional teams
- Opt-Out HIV Screening in the Accident & Emergency Department
- Sepsis Screening Pilot in the Accident & Emergency Department
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine Modular Curriculum for non-specialty trained providers
- Point of Care Ultrasound Modular Curriculum for non-specialty trained providers
- Nationwide WHO Emergency Triage Assessment & Treatment Rollout via Train-the-Trainer teams
- An Integrated One-Health Response to Detect and Respond to Emerging Disease Threats in High-Risk Regions of Central America
- Assisting in post-Ebola healthcare infrastructure rebuilding at Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital in Monrovia
- Fellows will function as a teaching attending in the renowned BCM hospital system with protected time for global health fieldwork and projects.
- Competitive salary with full benefits, including health, dental, disability, and malpractice insurance.
- Seed grants available for research projects.
- Support for evacuation insurance, international travel, and housing at field sites.
- We welcome your application, including a personal statement, CV, and three letters of recommendation through the IEMFC and send a separate letter of intent directly by email.
- IEMFC site