Education in the Emergency Center
The Department of Emergency Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine provides subspecialty fellowship training in multiple concentrations within emergency medicine. These fellowship programs offer trainees the opportunity to develop advanced skills under the mentorship of nationally recognized faculty who are experts in their disciplines.
Ben Taub Hospital is a high acuity, urban hospital that is the largest Level 1 Trauma Center in Houston and is located in the Texas Medical Center, the world’s largest medical center. Affiliated with the Emergency Medicine Residency Program at Baylor, this clinical environment provides care for a diverse population leading to superb academic and clinical training. Interested applicants must have completed an emergency medicine residency program and be board certified/eligible in emergency medicine.
The educational programs of the department include:
Medical Student Clerkship
- Emergency Medicine Medical Educational Fellowship
- Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship
- Emergency Administration Fellowship
- Emergency Medicine Health Policy & Advocacy Fellowship
- Global Health and International Emergency Medicine Fellowship
- Physician Assistant Fellowship