Over 10,000 Restaurants
Houston is a hub for all things culinary, a beacon for top chefs and foodies. Houstonians love to dine out – according to Zagat’s America’s Top Restaurants Survey, Texans eat out the most, with Houston in the lead.
It is easy to understand why: There is a plethora of outstanding options, from top-rated fine dining restaurants, casual eateries, an impressive list of cultural cuisine offerings, and food trucks galore.
Whet your appetite with a few suggestions for getting to know the Houston food scene:
- Try new restaurants while helping to feed others by participating in Houston Restaurant Weeks, a month-long, once-a-year sensation, where some of the very best restaurants in the city offer a fixed menu, all for a reasonable rate. The most recent Houston Restaurant Weeks raised a record $1.222 million for the Houston Food Bank.
- For a taste of the vibrant food scene in Houston, browse Zagat’s top food lists in Houston, Houston Chronicle’s restaurants section, and CultureMap Houston’s food/drink section to see what’s trending in the city.
- With hundreds of Houston restaurants that can easily be narrowed down by neighborhood or even availability (date, time and number in your party), OpenTable makes it easy to find a restaurant and plan ahead by making reservations. You can also explore the Houston restaurant scene by browsing menus, reading reviews from diners and viewing photos.
- If you are a foodie, you are in luck because Houston is home to endless amounts of restaurants of all sorts of cuisines. One of the best places to get the scoop on up and coming restaurants, check out the Houstonia website.
- Many restaurants provide outdoor dining options, and some even make it so you don’t have to leave your beloved pup at home—see this list of Houston dog-friendly restaurant patios.
- There are plenty of restaurants in or near the Texas Medical Center, including options in the Texas Medical Center Commons and tons of other delicious choices within five miles.
*Please note that Baylor College of Medicine is not providing endorsements, but an informational reference list. If you have any recommendations for additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.