Baylor College of Medicine welcomes 10 new leaders to the Board of Advisors
Baylor College of Medicine today welcomes 10 new members to its Board of Advisors. The Board of Advisors, a non-fiduciary appointed group, works closely with the College’s Board of Trustees to provide counsel and support for advancing the strategic needs and mission of the College.
The Board of Advisors consists of community leaders from Texas and around the country. The new members are:
- Robert Allbritton, Washington, D.C., founder of POLITICO and executive chairman of Perpetual Capital Partners
- Heidi Arthur, New York, N.Y., chief campaign development officer for the Ad Council
- Lisa Bordelon, Houston, senior vice president for Lockton Companies and founding chair of the Partnership at Baylor College of Medicine
- Stanley T. Crooke, M.D., Ph.D., Sedona, Ariz., founder, chairman and chief executive officer of the n- Lorem Foundation and founder and former chairman and former chief executive officer of Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Shelly Hendry, Houston, member of the Board of Trustees for the Lester and Sue Smith Foundation and the Holocaust Museum Houston
- Dan Hord, III, Midland, Texas, partner in HEDLOC Investment Company LLC and Western Property Group
- Ed Jones, Houston, chief executive officer of Gulf Capital Bank and member of the Board of Trustees for the Mabee Foundation
- Drayton McLane, III, Temple, Texas, partner at McLane Group and chairman of Sports in Action and McLane Classic Foods
- Randall Onstead, Santa Fe, N.M., trustee emeritus of the Baylor College of Medicine Board of Trustees and former chairman, president and CEO of Randalls Food Markets Inc.
- Charlotte Temple, Lufkin, Texas, and San Francisco, photographer, former chair of the T.L.L. Temple Foundation Board of Trustees and past board chairman of the Ansel Adams Center for Photography and the Foundation for San Francisco Architectural Heritage
“As a former chair of the Board of Trustees, I have been involved with Baylor for many years, and I am excited for this new Board to help advance the mission of the College,” said Fred Lummis, co-chair of the Board of Advisors and member of the Board’s Executive Committee. “Baylor is fortunate to have the support of this great group of leaders.”
Baylor Trustee Melanie Gray serves as co-chair of the Board of Advisors and member of the Board’s Executive Committee. Other Executive Committee members include Chair of the Baylor Board of Trustees David Baldwin, Baylor Trustees Christopher Sarofim, Marc Shapiro and Chuck Watson, and Dr. Norbert Bischofberger and Tom Powers.