Baylor College of Medicine is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award masters and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Baylor College of Medicine. The commission should be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support Baylor's significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard. To submit such evidence to SACSCOC, view Complaint Procedures Against SACSCOC or Its Accredited Institutions Policy Statement.
SACSCOC is the recognized regional accrediting body in the 11 U.S. Southern states (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia) and in Latin America for those institutions of higher education that award associate, baccalaureate, master's or doctoral degrees.
We are currently preparing for SACSCOC reaffirmation. To learn more about SACSCOC and our ongoing preparation, see SOAR to SACSCOC Reaffirmation (2016) or email Baylor’s SACSCOC liaison, Dr. Alicia Monroe, at SACSCOC-PMO@bcm.edu.
In addition to institutional accreditation by SACSCOC, many of Baylor’s education programs and schools undergo review by the following accrediting bodies or licensing and certification entities:
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME), joint committee representing American Medical Association and Association of American Medical Colleges
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA)
- Council on Accreditation (COA) of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP)
- National Commission on Prosthetic and Orthotic Education (NCOPE)
- Accrediting Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
For more information see degree and certificate programs Baylor College of Medicine is legally authorized and accredited to grant.