Baylor College of Medicine is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award masters and doctorate degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Baylor College of Medicine may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
The Commission should be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support Baylor's significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard. To submit such evidence to SACSCOC, view Complaint Procedures Against SACSCOC or Its Accredited Institutions Policy Statement.
SACSCOC is the recognized regional accrediting body in the 11 U.S. Southern states (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia) and in Latin America for those institutions of higher education that award associate, baccalaureate, master's or doctoral degrees.
The institution offers the following programs:
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P)
- Master of Science (M.S.) in biomedical sciences
- Master of Science, Orthotics and Prosthetics (M.S.O.P.)
- Master of Science, Physician Assistant Studies (M.S.P.A.)
- Master of Science, Genetic Counseling (M.S.G.C.)
- Diploma of Tropical Medicine
- Certificate of Completion program in Biomedical Sciences and Health Equity
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Clinical Translational Research
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Clinical Investigation
In addition to institutional accreditation by SACSCOC, many of Baylor’s education programs and schools undergo review by the following accrediting bodies or licensing and certification entities:
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME), joint committee representing American Medical Association and Association of American Medical Colleges
- Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP)
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA)
- Council on Accreditation (COA) of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- National Commission on Prosthetic and Orthotic Education (NCOPE)
- Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling (ACGC)
- Accrediting Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH)
For more information see degree and certificate programs Baylor College of Medicine is legally authorized and accredited to grant.