Baylor wants to do all it can to make sure you do well and make the most of your time in medical school. Playing a key role in this effort are the mentors at Baylor. Students meet regularly with their mentors in small groups and one-on-one to gain insights into a wide range of topics, including:
- effectively mastering the science courses
- taking advantage of special opportunities such as tracks and electives
- getting involved at the school and in the community
- studying for the national board exam
- balancing work/life/family
- and navigating the clinical rotations.
"My PRN group immediately made me feel at home at Baylor and helped me navigate the stressful yet exciting first year of medical school. The program had such a positive impact on me that I have dedicated much of my time as an upperclassman to acting as a mentor for subsequent classes."
"I go to my mentor when I am struggling with time management or just missing having my dog around. She is there to guide me both professionally and personally. My relationship with her is one of the best I have had in medical school."