The Office of Research maintains a research environment that fosters innovation, collaboration, and contribution to improved health care. We develop and maintain programs to streamline and support the discovery process while assuring adherence to the highest ethical standards in research.
The Office of Research provides the following services and resources:
- Facilitates communication between investigators and potential research sponsors as well as collaborating organizations
- Administers the pre-award activities for research funding to Baylor College of Medicine
- Develops strategic infrastructure programs in support of the research enterprise
- Assures adherence to federal and state regulations as well as College-wide policies in research conduct
- Encourages research endeavors by providing funding for new and continuing projects
- Provides clinical research support services to advance healthcare