About the Office of Research
The Office of Research maintains a research environment that fosters innovation, collaboration, and contribution to improved health care. We develop and maintain programs to streamline and support the discovery process while assuring adherence to the highest ethical standards in research.
The Office of Research provides the following services and resources:
- Facilitates communication between investigators and potential research sponsors as well as collaborating organizations
- Administers the pre-award activities for research funding to Baylor College of Medicine
- Develops strategic infrastructure programs in support of the research enterprise
- Assures adherence to federal and state regulations as well as College-wide policies in research conduct
- Encourages research endeavors by providing funding for new and continuing projects
- Provides clinical research support services to advance healthcare
- Office of Clinical Research
The Office of Clinical Research (OCR) supports and promotes clinical research efforts and education at Baylor College of Medicine and its affiliate institutions.
- Office of Research IT
The Office of Research IT (ORIT) provides a broad range of data systems, resources, and services to support the research and data needs of basic, clinical and translational investigators at Baylor College of Medicine and its affiliate institutions.
- Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
The Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR) provides a learning environment at Baylor College of Medicine that integrates data from diverse domains including the electronic medical record, geospatial and social information and next generation technologies to support research, development and implementation of new approaches to patient care.