Biospecimen Banking (H-37203)
Biospecimen Banking for HIV-Positive and HIV-Negative Patients with HPV-Related Cancers and Pre-Cancers
This study obtains samples from HIV-positive and negative patients with HPV-related cancers of the oropharynx, cervix and anus. The purpose is to build a biobank for future research. Researchers hope to learn more about head and neck and other related cancers.
- Patients on active retroviral therapy (ART) for at least the past 6 months or HIV negative
- For HIV-positive patients: HIV RNA count less than 20 for past 3 months
- For HIV positive patients: CD4 greater than 200 within past 3 months
- Cancer or pre-cancer site known to be highly associated with HPV infection (oropharynx, cervix, anus)
- Pathologic diagnosis of cancer or high grade dysplasia on the biopsy specimen