Pediatric Deep Brain Stimulation: Neuroethics and Decision Making (H-45996)
We are recruiting participants for a study to learn about the experiences and perspectives of children with dystonia and their caregivers to learn what you think about pediatric deep brain stimulation (DBS).
Participation would involve a short questionnaire and 60-minute interview for each the caregiver and the child/young adult, separately.
We are seeking:
- Parents of children with severe dystonia symptoms.
- Young adults with dystonia who had DBS as a child (age 18 or under).
- Parents of children with dystonia who have had DBS.
- Parents of children with dystonia who are considering DBS.
- Parents of children with dystonia who declined DBS.
We will compensate participants with a $50 Amazon gift card for completing the questionnaire and interview.