MIND2 - Dimensional Clinical, Neurophysiological, Molecular and Genetic Phenotyping Of Idiopathic Mental Illness (H-44164)
The purpose of this study is to gain a deeper understanding of the neurobiological underpinnings of mood disorders, focusing specifically on impulsivity. Impulsivity appears across many mood disorders such as: major depression, bipolar disorder, intermittent explosive disorders, and personality disorders and can hinder many parts of an individual's life. We seek to take a multi-dimensional approach in order to assess the development of these mood disorders and impulsive behaviors.
Patients meeting criteria listed below may qualify for this study. Compensation also available.
- Male and female subjects between the ages of 18-35 years old with weight less than 300 pounds.
- Diagnosis of major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, intermittent explosive disorders and personality disorders
- Stable for outpatient management and at full mental capacity
- English speaking
- Cell phone required for app installation
- No implants such as pacemakers, defibrillators, metal plates and braces (unable to participate in MRI scan)