Student National Medical Association is committed to supporting current and future underrepresented minority medical students, addressing the needs of underserved communities, and increasing the number of clinically excellent, culturally competent and socially conscious physicians.
- Serve as a credible and accurate source of information relevant to minority issues in the field of medical education
- Encourage and foster the development of minority faculty in order to increase the presence of minority mentors and biomedical researchers in academic health centers
- Evaluate and cultivate the necessary measures to eradicate practices in the field of health profession education that compromises the goal of providing quality education to minorities and women
BCM Specific Goals
- Advance recruitment and retention of underrepresented students and aid in academic excellence.
- Partnering with on-campus minority groups to promote diversity and inclusion.
- To be proactive in outreach and mentorship of incoming medical students even prior to their matriculation at Baylor College of Medicine throughout the application and interview cycles
Chapter Events and Activities
- Health Equity Grand Rounds Series with the Office of Institutional Diversity, Inclusion and Equity
- Welcome Mixer participation and Prospective Interviewee hosting
- Visiting Speaker Series
- Community outreach with local organizations
- Representation of BCM at the Annual Medical Education Conference
- Fall and Spring Cheesecake Jar Fundraisers
Treasurer: Neal Mody-Bailey, (email@example.com)
Social Media Coordinator: Amari Johnson,(firstname.lastname@example.org)
BCM SNMA Chapter: email@example.com