Submissions Now Open
So much depends on hope, whether it’s for our own future plans or for others to make it through life’s challenges. When does hope appear and when does it fade away? Share a story of hope - of when hope is supported, crushed, restored, or just gets in the way.
Accepting Submissions: February 24 - March 9
Workshop: March 30 and April 1
Rehearsal: April 13
Event: April 16
Information for Authors
Steps for Off Script Authors
1. After submitting a story sketch to be considered for performance at the Off Script storytelling event, authors will be notified within two weeks of the deadline if their sketch has been accepted.
2. Participants in Off Script will be expected to participate in both a workshop and a practice performance, to be completed prior to sharing their stories at Off Script.
3. Members of the Narrative Medicine Program will facilitate a 90-minute workshop during which each person will read their story aloud and receive critical feedback from their peers. A video of the presentation will be recorded and distributed as well.
4. Within one week after the workshop, authors will be expected to incorporate the feedback they received and email final drafts of their stories to the workshop leaders. Authors will meet for a final practice session with the NM group about a week before Off Script.
5. Authors present on the Off Script stage.
Any story submitted must not include any protected health information (name, address (other than state), birthdate, admission date, discharge date, date of death, and exact age if over 89, or any other characteristic that could uniquely identify the individual). Read more about PHI.