You can get access to Microsoft Teams by clicking on the Access Teams icon on this page or by the Microsoft Teams knowledge base article and click on Access Teams. You will need a valid BCM Username and Password.
You can also sign up for a Personalized Coaching Session with the Information Technology Business Enablement Team
The BCM Information Technology Business Enablement Team offers weekly coaching sessions on Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Storage, Planner, OneNote, and other Microsoft products. These sessions are offered Tuesday at 9am, Wednesday at 7am, and Thursday at 1pm. Department and individual sessions are also available by appointment.
The following steps will guide you in using Microsoft Teams:
- Click Access Teams.
- Enter your BCM Username and Password.
- Authenticate with BCM Federated Login when prompted.
- Select the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen to access the settings gear icon, zoom, keyboard shortcuts, about, check for updates, download mobile app.
- Select settings (gears icon) to adjust your settings, including: general (theme, chat density, layout, application), accounts, privacy, notifications, devices, App permissions, captions and transcripts, files, and calls.
- Select Join or create a team near the bottom left corner of the screen (near the Help icon), options include: Create a team, Join a team with a code, or Join public teams available.
- Select the Apps icon (square with four smaller squares inside) in the lower left corner to view the Apps available.
Creating a Team
The following steps will guide you in creating a team in Microsoft Teams:
- Select Join or create a team near the bottom left corner of the screen (near the Help icon) and click Create a team.
- Next, select the type of team you want to create, options include class, professional learning community, staff, and other.
- Create your team by adding a name, description, and privacy level.
- Then add people to your team.
- The new team will have a general channel added. You can customize your team with additional channels and Apps.