The Office of Faculty Development provides professional growth resources and opportunities that enable Baylor faculty members to excel and advance in their roles across all mission areas of the College. Baylor’s faculty development initiatives include College-wide programs for educator development, educational research, coaching, teamwork skills and recognition of faculty excellence. Many of these programs are developed and offered in collaboration with other Baylor entities, such as the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and the Center for Professionalism. See a list of faculty and staff in the Office of Faculty Development.
Institution-wide Faculty Awards and Recognition
Faculty Development collaborates with other Baylor entities to administer a wide variety of annual faculty awards for excellence and contributions to Baylor’s mission areas. Please visit the pages linked below for more information.
- Norton Rose Fulbright Faculty Excellence Award
- Barbara and Corbin J. Robertson, Jr. Presidential Award for Excellence in Education
- John P. McGovern Outstanding Teacher Award (School of Medicine)
- Academy of Distinguished Educators
- Baylor College of Medicine Rising Star Award for Clinical Excellence
- Baylor College of Medicine Master Clinician Award
- Ben and Margaret Love Foundation Bobby Alford Award for Academic Clinical Professionalism (Center for Professionalism)
- Michael E. DeBakey Excellence in Research Award (Office of Research)
Development as an Educator
The Office of Faculty Development offers the following education training programs for Baylor College of Medicine faculty members. More information on each program is available through the links below.