• Create a NEW APPLICATION. Application materials will be saved and you will be able to return to them until your application is complete. If you forget your username, email email@example.com from the email account used on the application. If you forget your password, click the "Forgot Password" button on the login page. Please do not create additional/duplicate applications. Applications do not transfer from one year to another. You will need to complete a new application if you decide to apply for a different year.
• Applicants must select at least one graduate program but may select two programs for consideration. This enables applicants to maximize their possibilities and find the right program fit. We encourage applicants to apply early and list two programs. If the first program you list is unable to accept your application, it will automatically be sent to the second for consideration.
• LOGIN to your EXISTING APPLICATION. To return to your saved application, use the username and password you created when you started your application.
• Check your APPLICATION STATUS. Once you have submitted your application, the Status Page allows you to follow the receipt of letters of recommendation, transcripts, standardized test scores, and the current stage of your application.
• Submit all of your information using the online application and ask your recommenders to submit their assessment and recommendations on-line as well. With the exception of official transcripts, supporting documents should be uploaded into the application system. Items received by mail will not be processed.
• The deadline for submitting your application to begin school in August 2019 is Jan. 1, 2019. Applications received by Dec. 1, 2018, will be considered for early review and are strongly encouraged. Offers of admission are usually made February through April. Applicants must accept offers by April 15.
• Follow all instructions carefully as incomplete information may delay the processing of your application. Fields can be edited and entries can be cut and pasted from a word processing program. The on-line application asks for contact, demographic information, a personal statement, academic history, transcripts, standardized test scores, research and work experience, a research statement, honors and publications, and the contact information of three-four individuals who can provide a letter of recommendation. Once an application is submitted, you can only make changes by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Further details are available in the requirements section.
Applicants will be notified if they have been selected for an interview between December and January. Interviews typically take place January through February, depending on the program. Applicants who are invited for interviews have the opportunity to personally meet with GSBS faculty and students, tour the campus and facilities, as well as get a taste of the city of Houston - all at no cost to the student. The graduate program pays for transportation, food, and lodging.