Division of Health Equity and Community Engagement Leadership
Health Equity and Community Engagement Committee
The committee was established to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Department in line with the mission of Baylor College of Medicine. It will ensure a diverse and inclusive environment that embraces authenticity and provides equitable access to opportunities.
- Assess the departmental climate among faculty, residents, advanced practice providers, and staff members
- Assist in the recruitment of faculty and trainees
- Develop and share best practices for the education of learners and training of a diverse workforce in diversity, equity, and inclusion topics
- Facilitate diversity and health equity research and quality initiatives
- Plan community engagement and service learning opportunities for the department