Mission and Goals
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs is committed to providing professional and personal guidance to trainees as they advance toward their independent career. We enhance the success of research postdoctoral associates and fellows by providing support and building a community and helping them develop non-academic skills as they pursue their desired career path.
The goals of the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs are to continuously provide support and resources to research postdoctoral trainees.
- Develop a thriving postdoctoral community consisting of mentors and other faculty advisors, postdoctoral associates and fellows, and department administrative staff
- Serve as a central resource to all stakeholders
- Collaborate internally and externally to provide professional development and non-academic skills training
- Provide avenues for postdoctoral associates and fellows to pursue a diverse range of professional options
- Assess, research, and provide information to support the training, development and tracking of postdoctoral associates and fellows