Topic and Speaker
Jan. 31, 2018
Noon – 1 p.m.
Alana Newell, Ph.D.
Sept. 20, 2017
Noon – 12:50 p.m.
Tyson Pillow, M.D., MEd
Target Audience and Educational Methods
At Baylor College of Medicine and our affiliates, faculty, residents, fellows, students, staff, and healthcare teams all interact with learners and are eager to remain current on best practices in teaching and evaluation. Education Grand Rounds presenters employ effective teaching methods that can be utilized throughout instructional settings at BCM: lectures, group activities, debates, panels, audience response, and other interactive methodologies.
We encourage BCM personnel to recommend innovative topics and inspirational speakers to Aimee Gardner, Ph.D., who directs the Education Grand Rounds (email@example.com).
Education Grand Rounds activities are designed to increase the ability of current and future educators at BCM to:
- Identify solutions to common challenges when teaching in the classroom and clinical environment
- Explore the efficacy of various design and instructional techniques to ensure learner retention
- Identify strategies to elicit effective feedback and debriefing
- Describe attributes of an ideal assessment and evaluation system
- Understand strategies for using technology for teaching and assessment
- Explore approaches for translating educational activities into scholarship
At each quarterly event, participants will be asked to complete an evaluation to ensure continuous quality improvement of the program.