How to use:
Spermicides kill sperm. Examples include jelly, cream, suppositories, and contraceptive film.
When to use:
Use before each act of sex. Shake foam at least 20 times. Insert deep into vagina before sex. Do not douche for six hours after sex.
• No prescription necessary.
• May serve as lubricant.
• Can be used with other methods of birth control.
• No protection against STDs and HIV/AIDS.
• Can possibly lead to urinary tract infections.
• If incorrect amount of spermicide is used, it may lead to irritation of the penis or vagina.
29 out of 100 women get pregnant when using this method properly.