Sexual Health Myths Busted
Sexual health can be confusing and complicated, but it doesn't have to be!. There are a lot of myths and mystery surrounding the topic, and here we break down some misconceptions many people have about the subject. And if you need someone to talk to, you can always contact us.
- Taking a shower or douching after sex DOES NOT prevent pregnancy.
- Grinding and dry humping (sex motions with clothes on) DO NOT result in pregnancy.
- Doubling up on condoms is WORSE; use only one condom every time you have sex.
- Having sex in the pool DOES NOT prevent pregnancy.
- WAIT to have sex or use a condom as back-up when you first start a contraception plan.
- You CAN get pregnant every time you engage in vaginal sex, even if it is your first time.
- You CAN get pregnant no matter WHAT position you and your partner are in.
- If you have had unprotected sex while on your period you CAN get pregnant; however, if you have unprotected sex and have your period following that you are most likely not pregnant.
- Sperm are really STRONG, and if the vaginal area is moist, sperm can “swim” up to the vagina.
- You CAN contract HIV/AIDS and STIs if the penis gets into contact with razor bumps, and infected hair follicles.
- There is a possibility that you are pregnant if you miss your period. However, there are other factors that play into the menstrual cycle.
- If you initially put the condom on wrong, DISCARD the condom and use a new one.
Is Parental Consent Required for Minors?
For sexually transmitted infections testing and treatment, parental consent is not required. Parental consent is also not required for pregnancy testing. For additional services parental consent may be required. Please contact the clinics for more information.
For any specific health questions, please contact the clinic nearest you and ask to speak to a nurse or provider.