The Colorectal Cancer Program at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, offers compassionate, patient-centered care and the latest techniques for the treatment of colon and rectal cancers. Our multidisciplinary approach aims to provide you the best chance for cure and maximizing quality of life, avoiding a permanent ostomy whenever possible.
Why Choose Us?
When you come to the Colorectal Cancer Program at Baylor College of Medicine, you will be cared for by a highly specialized, multidisciplinary team. Our surgeons work closely with expert gastroenterologists and medical and radiation oncologists from the Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center to provide the most advanced treatments and, when applicable, the latest clinical trials.
We offer minimally invasive, laparoscopic, robotic and transanal surgical procedures for benign and malignant pathology of the colon, rectum, and anus. Our team also has extensive experience in sphincter-saving procedures for low rectal cancer. We have one of the few surgeons in the country who can perform a specialized procedure called Robotic Transanal Total Mesorectal Excision, which allows patients with colorectal cancer avoid a permanent colostomy.
When it comes to colorectal cancer, there is no time to spare, and for that reason, our patients can be seen within a week of making an appointment. Below you will find a comprehensive list of what we treat and our procedures.
What We Treat
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Anal Cancer
- Recurrent Colon Cancer
- Recurrent Rectal Cancer
Familial Inherited Colorectal Neoplasia
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis Syndrome (FAP)
- Lynch Syndrome / Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer (HNPCC)
- MutYH-associated polyposis (MAP)
Tumors of the Small Bowel
- Neuroendocrine (Carcinoid) Tumors
- Gastrointestinal Stromal (GIST) Tumors
- Presacral Tumors/Lesions
- Appendiceal Neoplasms
- Small Intestinal Adenocarcinoma
Procedures for Colorectal Cancer
Procedures for Colon (Colectomy)
- Laparoscopic and Robotic Colon Removal
- Recurrent and Re-operative Colon Surgery
- Laparoscopic Colostomy
- Laparoscopic Polyp Removal
Procedures for Rectum (Proctectomy)
- Laparoscopic and Robotic Rectum Removal
- Transanal TME
- Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM)
- Sphincter-saving Reconstructive Rectum Removal
- Laparoscopic Ileoanal J-Pouch Procedure (Proctocolectomy)
Procedures for Small Bowel
- Laparoscopic / Robotic Small Bowel Removal
- Laparoscopic Ileostomy
- Rigid proctoscopy and endorectal ultrasound
- Robotic, sphincter-saving procedures for low rectal cancer and recurrent rectal cancer surgery
- Advanced laparoscopy
- Transanal Total Mesorectal Excision (taTME)