How do I contact the Office of Institutional Advancement and Alumni Affairs?
The Office of Institutional Advancement is the fundraising arm for Baylor College of Medicine. Our team is available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. central time. You can reach us by phone at (713) 798-4714 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why should I give to Baylor College of Medicine?
Protecting and improving the health and quality of life for every individual – from those living in Houston, Texas, to children and adults across the United States and around the world – are the reasons Baylor College of Medicine was established more than 100 years ago. With a remarkable history of leadership in discovery, innovation and medical firsts, Baylor ranks among the top academic health science centers in the United States, is the leading medical school in the Greater Southwest and is a premier global health institution that is pushing the boundaries of medicine across education, research and patient care.
- Education: Baylor’s reputation for excellence in preparing future biomedical scientists and healthcare professionals, and its location in the heart of the Texas Medical Center – the world’s largest medical complex – attract the brightest and most promising national and international medical and graduate students, residents and fellows to train at the No. 1 medical school in Texas and in the American Southwest. Considered among the elite in the world, Baylor’s education programs integrate state-of-the-art technology and the latest advances in science and medicine into curricula taught by nationally recognized experts. More than 3,600 trainees each year engage in unparalleled learning opportunities offered in the School of Medicine, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, School of Allied Health Sciences and National School of Tropical Medicine. Learn more.
- Research: A world-renowned biomedical research powerhouse, Baylor ranks first in Texas and 20th nationally for funding from the National Institutes of Health – an indication of the high caliber of the science and the ingenuity and expertise of our investigators. Baylor is home to the No. 1 genetics program in the nation, has Centers of Excellence in multiple disciplines, boasts sophisticated research cores and operates institutes and centers for translating new knowledge into clinical use. With the institution’s scientific prowess informing the development of new treatment approaches for a wide range of illnesses, Baylor is transforming the practice of medicine. Learn more.
- Patient Care: Baylor is a leading healthcare provider that serves hundreds of thousands of patients each year. Baylor faculty, many of whom are foremost experts in their field, practice at several internationally recognized medical facilities in the Houston area where they offer the best available primary and specialty care to infants and children, adolescents and adults, including U.S. veterans. Baylor’s reach beyond Greater Houston is facilitated by its integration with CommonSpirit Health, the largest nonprofit healthcare provider in the United States. Baylor Global Health, one of the institution’s newest pioneering and visionary programs, extends Baylor’s excellence in medical education and healthcare delivery to more than 40 countries around the world where basic healthcare is lacking. Learn more.
What payment methods does the Baylor Medical Foundation accept?
We accept donations in the form of cash, check, credit card, wire transfer, stocks, bonds and mutual funds as well as IRA charitable rollovers. Gifts made through your estate and matching gifts from an employer also are greatly appreciated.
Gifts made with a credit card can be completed quickly and easily by using our online donation form.
Check, Cash or Credit Card
To make a gift by check, make the check payable to Baylor College of Medicine print and complete our gift form and mail both items to one of the addresses below.
- For gifts of cash, print and complete our gift form and mail the form and cash to either address.
- For credit card donations, print and complete our gift form and mail the form to either address.
Baylor College of Medicine
Office of Institutional Advancement and Alumni Affairs
P.O. Box 4976
Houston, TX 77210
If you are sending your check using FedEx, UPS, DHL or another delivery service that requires a street address, use this address for our bank's lockbox instead:
ATTN: Lockbox – MSC #800, P.O. Box 4976
10900 Corporate Centre Drive, Suite 150
Houston, TX 77041
You also can deliver your check or cash in person or by courier service. Please contact the The Office of Institutional Advancement and Alumni Affairs at (713) 798-4714 for directions.
Gifts via Wire Transfer
To make a gift via an electronic transfer, please contact Anne Kathryn Hunter, the Director of Planned Giving, at (713) 798-8262 or Tiki Boyd at (713) 798-4570 for more information and bank instructions.
Gifts of Securities: Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds
When making a gift of stock, bonds or mutual funds, please contact Anne Kathryn Hunter, the Director of Planned Giving, at (713) 798-8262 or Tiki Boyd at (713) 798-4570 to obtain the appropriate instructions.
Note: Gifts of securities typically take several days to complete. Please consult your CPA or tax preparer to determine the tax implications of your gift.
Giving Through Your Estate
There are other ways to give that greatly benefit Baylor College of Medicine and which may offer tax advantages for you and your family. Such options include a gift to Baylor in your will or revocable trust; retirement plan or life insurance policy beneficiary designations; charitable gift annuities; charitable trusts; and gifts of real estate.
Contact Anne Kathryn Hunter, Director of Planned Giving, at (713) 798-8262.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Legislation permanently extended the popular gift option known as the IRA Charitable Rollover—a qualified charitable distribution from an IRA. Individuals age 70 ½ and older can make tax-free gifts totaling up to $100,000 from a traditional IRA account directly to Baylor College of Medicine.
Please contact Anne Kathryn Hunter, Director of Planned Giving, at (713) 798-8262 to learn more about planning and completing an IRA Rollover gift.
Many companies have programs that match all or part of their employees' philanthropic donations. Some employers extend this benefit to retired employees. Before making your next gift to Baylor, check with your employer to determine its policy on matching gifts. To initiate the process, obtain a matching gift form from your employer and send it to Baylor with your gift or pledge. We will complete the matching gift process and send both the donor and the company receipts for tax purposes.
What is the tax identification number for the Baylor College of Medicine?
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) granted Baylor College of Medicine an exemption from Federal Income Tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation’s tax identification number is 74-1613878.
Can I donate to a specific area?
Yes, you may choose to make a donation to one of Baylor College of Medicine’s four mission areas – Research, Healthcare, Education and Community Outreach – or you may specify which faculty member, center or program you would like to support. Using the online donation form makes this process quick and easy. Or you can download, complete and send us a gift form.
How do I hold a special event to benefit Baylor College of Medicine?
We appreciate your interest in raising funds and bringing greater awareness to Baylor College of Medicine and its mission. Our guidelines for events initiated by individuals or organizations help to ensure these activities are appropriate and consistent with Baylor’s reputation and commitment to excellence. For more information on holding a special event on behalf of Baylor, please contact Lori Busch, Assistant Vice President of Development, at (713) 798-6277 or email@example.com.
How do I make a donation in honor or in memory of someone?
There is no finer way to honor the memory of a loved one, celebrate a special event in the life of someone close to you, or show your appreciation for a person who has touched your life than to provide for the needs of others. Each gift received is acknowledged to the person, or to the family of the person, in whose honor or memory the gift was made. The gift amount remains confidential. A separate receipt is sent to the donor. All gifts are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.
How do I establish an endowment?
Endowments provide a perpetual source of funding for the designated faculty member or program. A minimum gift of $150,000 is required to establish an endowment. Please contact the Director of Stewardship, at (713) 798-7384 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how you can initiate this process. You can also visit our dedicated Endowment webpage.
How do I make a gift through my estate?
There are a several ways to make a donation to Baylor through your estate, and some may offer tax advantages for you and your family. Options include designating Baylor in your will or revocable trust; retirement plan or life insurance policy beneficiary designations; charitable gift annuities; charitable trusts; and gifts of real estate.
Contact Anne Kathryn Hunter, Director of Planned Giving, at (713) 798-8262.
How do I transfer shares of stock?
You can obtain instructions for transferring shares of stock by contacting Anne Kathryn Hunter, Director of Planned Giving, at (713) 798-8262 or Tiki Boyd at (713) 798-4570.
How can I obtain the Baylor College of Medicine’s W-9 form?
Our W-9 Form is available here <link to form>.
Is Baylor College of Medicine a non-profit institution?
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) granted Baylor College of Medicine exemption from Federal Income Tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The institution’s tax identification number is 74-1613878.
Where can I find Baylor College of Medicine’s financial information?
The institution’s most recent is available from this link: IRS Form 990. View Baylor College of Medicine's latest audited financial reports.