Current Projects and Research
- High Resolution HLA typing for Disease Association, Vaccine Development, and Population frequency genetics.
- HLA epitope matching correlation with Solid Organ Transplant Outcomes in Racially Diverse Houston Population.
- Clinical trials measuring the levels of Anti-HLA antibody in various post transplant model systems.
- Chimerism testing in solid organ transplantation.
- Chimerism testing for Fetal microchimerism as part of Noninvasive prenatal testing (NIPT).
- Jindra PT, Shah MB, Shafer TJ, Van Buren CT, Siminoff LA. Systemic Racism Harms Black American’s Access to Kidney Transplantation and Full Participation in Organ Donation. Prog Transplant. 2021 Oct 25
- Cusick MF, Clark L, Tu T, Goforth J, Zhang X, LaRue B, Gutierrez R, Jindra PT. Performance characteristics of chimerism testing by next generation sequencing Hum Immunol. 2021 Oct 30
- Valenzuela N, Askar M, Sebastiaan H, Jindra PT, Madouly A, Pinelli D, Jackson A, Hidalgo L Minimal Data Reporting Standards for Serological Testing for Histocompatibility Human Immunology. 2018 79(12):865-868
- Lee HS, Jang HJ, Choi JM, Zhang J, de Rosen VL, Wheeler TM, Lee JS, Tu T, Jindra PT, Kerman RH, Jung SY, Kheradmand F, Sugarbaker DJ, Burt BM. Comprehensive immunoproteogenomic analyses of malignant pleural mesothelioma. JCI Insight. 2018 Apr 5;3(7). p: 98575 mple arrival. If this is deceased donor material please page the on call technologist.
Recently Submitted Abstracts
- Jindra PT, Magana J, Chitnis N, Murthy BV Awan A. Changes in Autoimmunity Status can Effect Deceased Donor Kidney Offer Acceptance. American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics, Virtual Conference, October 2021
- Jindra PT, Foye CM, Sharf I, Rana A, Galvan TN, Awan A, O’Mahony CA, Murthy BV. Immune Response of COVID-19 in Kidney Transplant Waitlist Patients. American Transplant Congress, Virtual Conference June 2021
- Spinner J, Philogene M, Nicholas S, Jindra PT, Choudhry S, Hope K, Puri, K, Tunuguntla H, Price J, Denfield S, Dreyer WJ AT1R-Ab: A New Player in Pediatric Heart Transplant AMR? ISHLT April 2021
- Spinner JA, Ram AV, Magana J, Nicholas S, Dreyer WJ, Hope K, Choudhry S, Puri K, Tunuguntla H, Price J, Denfield SW, Jindra PT. Location, Location, Location -Does Epitope Matching Matter in Pediatric Heart Transplantation ISHLT April 2021
- Foye, CM Munoz, M Jindra PT. Magnetic-Beads linked to DSA reduce the high background of negative control beads in luminex single antigen bead assay. American Society of Histocompatability and Immunogenetics, Virtual Conference, October 2020
- Clark L, Goforth J, Tu T Jindra PT, Increasing the probability of finding a solid organ lung donor using genetic SNP phenotyping American Society of Histocompatability and Immunogenetics, Virtual Conference, October 2020
BCM Immune Evaluation Laboratory
C/O: Peter Jindra
6501 Fannin St., NA 404
Methodist Neurosensory Building
Houston TX 77030
Phone: (713) 798-3005
Fax: (713) 798-5576
Sample Drop off instructions:
Samples can be dropped off in the lab, however we prefer all samples are placed in our secure dropbox located to the left of the lab’s front door. Once the sample is dropped off please ring the door-bell to notify us of sample arrival. If this is deceased donor material please page the on call technologist.