Call 911 anytime you think you may need emergency care. For example, call if:
- You vomit blood or what looks like coffee grounds.
- Your stools are maroon or very bloody.
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- Your stools are black and look like tar, or they have streaks of blood.
- You have new or worse belly pain.
- You are vomiting.
Watch closely for changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor if:
- You do not get better as expected.
© 2016-2020 Healthwise, Incorporated.