Barrett's Esophagus Center offers a wide spectrum of services that are part of our comprehensive approach from diagnosis to treatment for patients with Barrett's esophagus. Our patients receive checkups tailored to their needs and based on the latest practice guidelines. We also offer our patients the benefit of enrolling in ongoing clinical trials, as well as regular updates on the latest Barrett's esophagus research. The services are listed below.
- Comprehensive services from diagnosis to treatment including Narrow Band Imaging, Confocal Endomicroscopy, Volumetric Laser Endomicroscopy, and WATS biopsy.
- Specialized care by an expert team of gastroenterologists, pathologists, oncologists, and surgeons
- State-of-the-art endoscopic technology for better detection, treatment, and outcomes, including different endoscopic therapies
- Outstanding oncological care through the NCI-designated Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center at Baylor College of Medicine
- Expert surgical care through the renowned Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery at Baylor
- Access to ongoing clinical research trials
- Leading-edge research
State-of-the-Art Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy
High-Resolution Narrow Band Imaging. This equipment is used by our expert gastroenterologist to more accurately diagnose Barrett's esophagus, as well as improved ability to identify early cancerous changes (dysplasia) within Barrett's esophagus.
Endoscopic Ultrasound. Endoscopic ultrasound allows the visualization of different layers of the esophageal wall and the accurate delineation of the extent of cancer.
Endoscopic Treatment. Endoscopic treatment of Barrett's esophagus with or without dysplasia or early cancer, including the use of radiofrequency ablation, cryotherapy, and endoscopic mucosal resection.
Treatment of Other Complications. Treatment of other Barrett's esophagus-related complications, including endoscopic esophageal strictures (dilation), and cancer (resection, stent placement).
Surgical and Oncological Expertise
Surgical and oncological expertise is provided by experts at the renowned Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery at Baylor Medicine and their cancer treatment expertise.