About the Center for Advanced Endoscopy
The Center for Advanced Endoscopy at Baylor Medicine features a nationally recognized team of expert gastroenterologists performing a wide array of cutting-edge endoscopic procedures. Led by Director by Dr. Kal Patel, our team of specialists evaluate patients with a variety of symptoms and conditions, including pancreatitis, biliary strictures, abdominal pain, and suspected gastrointestinal malignancies.
Our multidisciplinary team works closely with referring physicians and across specialties to promptly perform procedures, evaluate complex conditions, and determine management options for patients.
The center, in conjunction with its hospital partner, Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, offers a variety of advanced therapeutic endoscopic procedures including diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP for:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP
- Management of benign and malignant biliary strictures
- Comprehensive management of chronic and recurrent pancreatitis with pancreatic sphincterotomy, stricture dilation, and stent placement.
- Complex ERCP’s in patients with post-surgical anatomy.
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)
- Peroral endoscopic myotomy for Achalasia (POEM)
- Gastric peroral endoscopic myotomy for Gastroparesis
- Endoscopic full-thickness resection (EFTR)
- Endoscopic celiac plexus block for chronic pain
- Resection of giant colon polyps with endomucosal resection (EMR techniques)
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) with fine-needle aspiration
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) diagnosis and treatment of pancreatic cysts
- EUS directed drainage of pancreas fluid collections
- Advanced therapeutic endoscopy, including metallic stent placement for gastrointestinal malignancies.
- Advanced endoscopic approaches to Barrett’s Esophagus including BARRx radiofrequency ablation, cryotherapy, endoscopic mucosal resection, and optical coherence tomography.
- Small bowel balloon enteroscopy to evaluate disease such as unexplained gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Endoscopic obesity procedures including endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty
- Acid reflux procedures for GERD such as Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (TIF)
- Endoscopic management of esophageal and gastric varices, including micro-coil and cyanoacrylate