About the Center for Anorectal Disease
The Center for Anorectal Diseases at Baylor Medicine in Houston, Texas, directed by Dr. Waqar Qureshi, consists of a dedicated team of clinicians specially trained to handle complex anorectal conditions. Our team consist of gastroenterologists, colorectal surgeons and motility experts to provide comprehensive and coordinated care for anorectal disease management.
Anorectal conditions affect the anus and rectum. These include fissures, fistulas, condyloma and hemorrhoids. These conditions can be associated with different symptoms like anal pain, itching, burning, bleeding and/or swelling, which can significantly affect a patient's quality of life. While most conditions are benign, a careful evaluation by a specialist is important to exclude serious disease like anal cancer or other serious disorder. Such evaluation is also essential to make sure that effective treatments are offered in a timely and safe manner.
We perform the following procedures:
- Hemorrhoid banding or infrared coagulation
- Surgical hemorrhoidectomy
- Botox injection for the treatment of anal fissures
- Anal fissure, fistula and condyloma surgery
- Anal precancer/abnormal Pap smear/high resolution anoscopy
- InterStim implantation or sphincter repair for fecal incontinence.
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy with biopsy
- Anorectal manometry
- Pelvic ultrasound, MRI
- Behavioral therapy for certain motility disorders.