The Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center in the Department of Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine offers the full spectrum of services needed to effectively manage IBD, from diagnosis to treatment.
We're improving the lives of our patients through the highest-quality care, an outstanding team of specialists, and the very latest technologies, therapies and research. We offer special expertise in the management of IBD in women, including during pregnancy and the adolescent years.
At the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center, our patients benefit from:
- Highly trained specialists in the management of IBD, including gastroenterologists, pathologists, nutritionists, radiologists, psychologists and surgeons
- State-of-the-art endoscopy equipment for improved diagnosis and treatment, and more accurate detection of early cancer, including video capsule endoscopy and enteroscopy
- Expert pathologists for interpreting and diagnosing Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis and its possible cancerous changes
- Leading-edge treatment based on the latest research findings
- Access to the latest clinical trials
- Close patient follow-up to optimize treatment, prevent complications, and detect any possible cancerous changes